Vandals Target St Neots Sailing School
A SAILING school near St Neots that has been attacked by vandals three times in a matter of weeks will open on schedule at Easter. The Paxton Lakes Sailing Club School suffered extensive damage on each occasion. The windows, frames and shutters were all b
A SAILING school near St Neots that has been attacked by vandals three times in a matter of weeks will open on schedule at Easter.
The Paxton Lakes Sailing Club School suffered extensive damage on each occasion. The windows, frames and shutters were all broken, the club's confectionary was stolen and a water pipe was ruptured, causing the entire clubhouse to be flooded.
Sam Anderson Brown, senior instructor at the school, said: "When we heard about the third attack we really thought we'd struggle to put the place back together in time for our Easter holiday courses but we're delighted to say that they will definitely be running."
He said: "We take children from eight upwards and we normally fill up very quickly but due to our late start in accepting bookings, we currently have plenty of places available. We provide all the safety equipment and boats and its usually great fun."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Full details of children's Easter courses are available by calling John Pratt on 01954 204314, or see www.paxtonlakes.org.uk.
Paxton Lakes Sailing Club is a non profit making organisation and all money raised goes back in to club facilities.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 3 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 4 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 7 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 8 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 9 For sale: Period property in Somersham has been lovingly restored with particular attention to detail
- 10 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025