I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord. On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with Broughton moon walkers and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Researc
I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord.
On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with "Broughton moon walkers" and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Research) and had been advertised as such for three months.
The purpose of June and friends' visit was, in fact, to hold a meeting, not simply to chat, eat and drink as she described in her letter - each of them had a clipboard - and their group do regularly hold their meetings at our pub.
We value all our customers but, obviously, priority has to be given to those who book their functions, meals or parties etc, however large or small.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion, we were unable to accommodate June and her friends because of prior bookings, as explained to them on their arrival in our car park.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 8 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?