I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord. On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with Broughton moon walkers and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Researc
I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord.
On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with "Broughton moon walkers" and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Research) and had been advertised as such for three months.
The purpose of June and friends' visit was, in fact, to hold a meeting, not simply to chat, eat and drink as she described in her letter - each of them had a clipboard - and their group do regularly hold their meetings at our pub.
We value all our customers but, obviously, priority has to be given to those who book their functions, meals or parties etc, however large or small.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion, we were unable to accommodate June and her friends because of prior bookings, as explained to them on their arrival in our car park.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital