I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord. On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with Broughton moon walkers and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Researc
I WOULD like to respond to the letter from June Cosworth (November 22). I am the pub landlord.
On the night she visited the pub, our restaurant was full with "Broughton moon walkers" and the bar was booked for a jewellery party (proceeds to Cancer Research) and had been advertised as such for three months.
The purpose of June and friends' visit was, in fact, to hold a meeting, not simply to chat, eat and drink as she described in her letter - each of them had a clipboard - and their group do regularly hold their meetings at our pub.
We value all our customers but, obviously, priority has to be given to those who book their functions, meals or parties etc, however large or small.
On this occasion, we were unable to accommodate June and her friends because of prior bookings, as explained to them on their arrival in our car park.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Could you give these pets a home?
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative