Vacancy due as councillor moves to Luxembourg
SENIOR Huntingdonshire councillor Nick Guyatt is expected to resign his district council seat next month, when he moves to Luxembourg. His Elton and Folksworth seat will be contested in early May. Cllr Guyatt, who is 60 and a former chairman of the North
SENIOR Huntingdonshire councillor Nick Guyatt is expected to resign his district council seat next month, when he moves to Luxembourg. His Elton and Folksworth seat will be contested in early May.
Cllr Guyatt, who is 60 and a former chairman of the North West Cambridgeshire Conservatives, will be following his wife, Alex. She was recently appointed to a senior managerial post with Fidelity, one of the world's largest investment fund management companies.
A former head of corporate finance for a City-based firm of international stockbrokers - where one of his last tasks was to find a buyer for the firm and put himself out of a job - he joined HDC in 1998, becoming vice-chairman of the finance committee and chairman of the personnel committee.
When cabinet portfolios were introduced, he looked after resources and welfare before taking over the strategic planning portfolio. Last May, he gave up the planning brief to concentrate on environment and transport, including the council's new five-year environmental strategy, which will go out for public consultation in early spring.
The Guyatts plan to retain a home in Stibbington.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 4 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer