Use it for parking
ONE temporary solution to the so-called parking crisis about to affect Huntingdon would be for planners to have a change of heart about allowing housing to be built on the site of the old Brookside school. Surely this land – empty for years – is a read
ONE temporary solution to the so-called "parking crisis" about to affect Huntingdon would be for planners to have a change of heart about allowing housing to be built on the site of the old Brookside school.
Surely this land - empty for years - is a ready-made car park handy for the town centre. And, from what we're told, parking is needed more urgently than yet more houses.
However, might not the best longer-term solution be for the Freemen to prove they really care about the town and give up some of their land opposite Mill Common? Maybe towards the bypass at the bottom end, opposite the current long-stay car park. A small area of pasture/common land would be lost - but a large area would still remain.
If it comes to a choice of a patch of land nestling against the far from scenic bypass embankment and bridge over land fronting the river and used for sport, surely it's a small price to pay.
You may also want to watch:
It would be very handy for all town centre amenities and also convenient for the council employees shortly to be evicted from Pathfinder House's own car park to walk to work. After all, one suspects that's what the so-called parking crisis is really all about.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon