Upwood Fete success thanks to Hunts Post
ON behalf of the Upwood & The Raveleys Fete Committee and our gallant band of volunteers, all the garden owners and all the garage owners, I wish to say a resounding and heartfelt thank you for your piece in The Hunts Post (June 3), referring to our open
ON behalf of the Upwood & The Raveleys Fete Committee and our gallant band of volunteers, all the garden owners and all the garage owners, I wish to say a resounding and heartfelt thank you for your piece in The Hunts Post (June 3), referring to our open day. The people manning the village hall asked visitors how they knew of it and all but a few replied: "We saw it in The Hunts Post."
The result was astounding. In spite of the atrocious weather in the morning, over the day we had many more visitors than previously, requiring no fewer than three reprints of the village map.
Our treasurer has not yet done the number-crunching, but it is obvious that the event has been successful beyond our greatest expectations.
May I mention our forthcoming village fete on Saturday June 20, run by the same hard-working group, augmented, we hope, by some hardy annuals who rally round to help with marquee erection and the like.
You may also want to watch:
This, our main fundraiser of the year, to be opened at 1.30pm by Lord Mawhinney, will have a wide variety of stalls and exhibits and will include a folk-dancing group, an open pet show, a handbell-ringing demonstration and other attractions, plus a refreshment tent. It's in the Cross Keys paddock, so those who like something stronger than tea will be well catered for.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man