UPDATE: Water pipe leaks onto busy Huntingdon road
- Credit: Archant
A gushing pipe is leaking water onto a busy Huntingdon road.
An Anglian Water spokesman said that it was called to St Peter’s Road this morning (Friday) and is now working to repair the burst pipe.
He added: “A gang are on site at the moment who will be working from now through the night to fix it.
“We will try to minimise diversions as much as possible.”
He added that it should be fixed tonight, so long as the team do not encounter engineering issues or unforseen circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Residents will still have water, as they will be switched to an alternative supply while work is carried out.
The water is bubbling from a grass verge and flowing towards Redwongs Way, just opposite the site of TRB Lightweight Structures.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 4 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 5 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls