UPDATE: Rail chaos as FOIL BALLOON causes 90-minute delays on First Capital Connect services to London Kings Cross
- Credit: Archant
All lines are blocked today (Friday) on train services between St Neots and Peterborough due to overhead wire problems at Huntingdon caused by a foil balloon.
The balloon got trapped in overhead wires south of Huntingdon Railway Station and has caused disruption up and down the Great Northern route to London King’s Cross, with rail passengers facing delays of up to 90 minutes.
Flooding at Potters Bar is also causing delays.
The line between St Neots and Huntingdon is set to reopen between 6pm and 7pm.
A spokesman for First Capital Connect said: “Overhead wire problems at Huntingdon are causing delays of up to 90 minutes between Peterborough and London Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
“First Capital Connect trains will not run between St Neots and Peterborough. A bus services is in operation between these stations.”
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award