UPDATE: Rail chaos as FOIL BALLOON causes 90-minute delays on First Capital Connect services to London Kings Cross
- Credit: Archant
All lines are blocked today (Friday) on train services between St Neots and Peterborough due to overhead wire problems at Huntingdon caused by a foil balloon.
The balloon got trapped in overhead wires south of Huntingdon Railway Station and has caused disruption up and down the Great Northern route to London King’s Cross, with rail passengers facing delays of up to 90 minutes.
Flooding at Potters Bar is also causing delays.
The line between St Neots and Huntingdon is set to reopen between 6pm and 7pm.
A spokesman for First Capital Connect said: “Overhead wire problems at Huntingdon are causing delays of up to 90 minutes between Peterborough and London Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
“First Capital Connect trains will not run between St Neots and Peterborough. A bus services is in operation between these stations.”
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 6 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care