UPDATE: Motorists diverted as lorry is recovered from hanging over A14 after crash at Spittals Interchange
A LORRY is hanging over the A14 at Spittals Interchange after crashing into a barrier.
Police officers have closed one lane of the A14 after the incident, involving a Freight Force lorry, just before 2pm today (Wednesday). Motorists are being diverted to the A1.
An eyewitness said the trailer was hanging off the bridge and was in a “precarious position”.
“It’s in no danger of falling off but police have closed the road underneath. As the lorry is on its side it will take some time to clear”, he said.
“If it had have fallen it would be on the road beneath.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Freight Force said the driver was safe but the company would not release any more information until after an investigation.
The lorry has been put back on its wheels and recovery is ongoing.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
A police spokesman said: “A lorry has overturned after crashing into a barrier on the A14 and is overhanging the barrier. The driver is unhurt and got out of his cab.”
An ambulance and a fire engine were sent to the scene in attendance but were not required.