UPDATE: Motorists diverted as lorry is recovered from hanging over A14 after crash at Spittals Interchange
A LORRY is hanging over the A14 at Spittals Interchange after crashing into a barrier.
Police officers have closed one lane of the A14 after the incident, involving a Freight Force lorry, just before 2pm today (Wednesday). Motorists are being diverted to the A1.
An eyewitness said the trailer was hanging off the bridge and was in a “precarious position”.
“It’s in no danger of falling off but police have closed the road underneath. As the lorry is on its side it will take some time to clear”, he said.
“If it had have fallen it would be on the road beneath.”
A spokesman for Freight Force said the driver was safe but the company would not release any more information until after an investigation.
The lorry has been put back on its wheels and recovery is ongoing.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 10 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
A police spokesman said: “A lorry has overturned after crashing into a barrier on the A14 and is overhanging the barrier. The driver is unhurt and got out of his cab.”
An ambulance and a fire engine were sent to the scene in attendance but were not required.