UPDATE: Motorists diverted as lorry is recovered from hanging over A14 after crash at Spittals Interchange
A LORRY is hanging over the A14 at Spittals Interchange after crashing into a barrier.
Police officers have closed one lane of the A14 after the incident, involving a Freight Force lorry, just before 2pm today (Wednesday). Motorists are being diverted to the A1.
An eyewitness said the trailer was hanging off the bridge and was in a “precarious position”.
“It’s in no danger of falling off but police have closed the road underneath. As the lorry is on its side it will take some time to clear”, he said.
“If it had have fallen it would be on the road beneath.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Freight Force said the driver was safe but the company would not release any more information until after an investigation.
The lorry has been put back on its wheels and recovery is ongoing.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
A police spokesman said: “A lorry has overturned after crashing into a barrier on the A14 and is overhanging the barrier. The driver is unhurt and got out of his cab.”
An ambulance and a fire engine were sent to the scene in attendance but were not required.