+++UPDATE+++CAMBS TRAVEL: A14 and M11 closed after two-lorry crash
A CRASH involving two lorries has closed a stretch of the A14 in Cambridgeshire this morning (Thursday).
The westbound carriageways of the A14 and the northbound carriageway of the M11 at junction 13 reopened at 11.35am.
Police are appealing to anyone with any information about the collision to contact PC Stewart Hilton at Sawston Police Station on 101.
Cambridgeshire police said at 8am that the westbound carriageways were blocked between Fenstanton and St Ives following the accident which happened at 6.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was being diverted along the A428 and A1198.
One of the lorry drivers was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with slight injuries. The other driver was uninjured.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
The Highways Agency added that it had closed the northbound M11 at junction 13.
A statement from the agency added: “There are currently 30 minute delays on the westbound A14 and it is busy eastbound with delays of 15 minutes being reported. There are also delays of about 20 minutes reported on the M11.”