+++UPDATE+++CAMBS TRAVEL: A14 and M11 closed after two-lorry crash
A CRASH involving two lorries has closed a stretch of the A14 in Cambridgeshire this morning (Thursday).
The westbound carriageways of the A14 and the northbound carriageway of the M11 at junction 13 reopened at 11.35am.
Police are appealing to anyone with any information about the collision to contact PC Stewart Hilton at Sawston Police Station on 101.
Cambridgeshire police said at 8am that the westbound carriageways were blocked between Fenstanton and St Ives following the accident which happened at 6.40am.
Traffic was being diverted along the A428 and A1198.
One of the lorry drivers was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with slight injuries. The other driver was uninjured.
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
The Highways Agency added that it had closed the northbound M11 at junction 13.
A statement from the agency added: “There are currently 30 minute delays on the westbound A14 and it is busy eastbound with delays of 15 minutes being reported. There are also delays of about 20 minutes reported on the M11.”