A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine s Day. Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy he
A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine's Day.
Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy height of 381m on the most romantic day of the year.
The couple, who met in 1998 while working for Motorola, said they were thrilled when their application to get married there was granted.
"Since 2001, we have visited New York four times and we feel a real affinity for the city," said Clayton, 32, who works for Cambridgeshire police. Beverley, 44, works as an office manager, and they live in Great Cambourne.
You may also want to watch:
"We get on very well. I'm the cook and Bev the assistant, a role that has always proved successful. There has always been something special between us," said Clayton.
In December 2004, he proposed to Beverley while on a city break in Budapest. They jointly created the engagement ring during a trip to New York, with Clayton choosing the diamond and Bev selecting the ring setting.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Speaking from New York the day after their wedding, Clayton said: "Yesterday was fantastic, an absolutely perfect day."
The couple arrived back in the UK on Monday after a few days shopping in the Big Apple and are planning their honeymoon.