A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine s Day. Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy he
A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine's Day.
Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy height of 381m on the most romantic day of the year.
The couple, who met in 1998 while working for Motorola, said they were thrilled when their application to get married there was granted.
"Since 2001, we have visited New York four times and we feel a real affinity for the city," said Clayton, 32, who works for Cambridgeshire police. Beverley, 44, works as an office manager, and they live in Great Cambourne.
You may also want to watch:
"We get on very well. I'm the cook and Bev the assistant, a role that has always proved successful. There has always been something special between us," said Clayton.
In December 2004, he proposed to Beverley while on a city break in Budapest. They jointly created the engagement ring during a trip to New York, with Clayton choosing the diamond and Bev selecting the ring setting.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 9 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Speaking from New York the day after their wedding, Clayton said: "Yesterday was fantastic, an absolutely perfect day."
The couple arrived back in the UK on Monday after a few days shopping in the Big Apple and are planning their honeymoon.