A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine s Day. Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy he
A CAMBOURNE couple were on Cloud Nine about their wedding venue ... the 75th floor of the Empire State Building, on Valentine's Day.
Clayton, an RAF reservist, and Beverley Hudson were among the 14 couples given permission to tie the knot at the dizzy height of 381m on the most romantic day of the year.
The couple, who met in 1998 while working for Motorola, said they were thrilled when their application to get married there was granted.
"Since 2001, we have visited New York four times and we feel a real affinity for the city," said Clayton, 32, who works for Cambridgeshire police. Beverley, 44, works as an office manager, and they live in Great Cambourne.
"We get on very well. I'm the cook and Bev the assistant, a role that has always proved successful. There has always been something special between us," said Clayton.
In December 2004, he proposed to Beverley while on a city break in Budapest. They jointly created the engagement ring during a trip to New York, with Clayton choosing the diamond and Bev selecting the ring setting.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 8 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
Speaking from New York the day after their wedding, Clayton said: "Yesterday was fantastic, an absolutely perfect day."
The couple arrived back in the UK on Monday after a few days shopping in the Big Apple and are planning their honeymoon.