'Typical lazy UKIP rhetoric'
I TAKE exception to Jenny O Dell s letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP. If Ms O Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would kno
I TAKE exception to Jenny O'Dell's letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP.
If Ms O'Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would know that the benefits of EU membership far outweigh the costs. The UK is better off economically, politically and socially for EU membership.
The budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has no link to the costs of EU membership, and this simplistic view is misleading, opportunistic and unhelpful.
Rather than make spurious links between the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke and EU membership, perhaps Ms O'Dell (as a prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate) could make some practical and positive suggestions to help improve the hospital's situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary