'Typical lazy UKIP rhetoric'
I TAKE exception to Jenny O Dell s letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP. If Ms O Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would kno
I TAKE exception to Jenny O'Dell's letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP.
If Ms O'Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would know that the benefits of EU membership far outweigh the costs. The UK is better off economically, politically and socially for EU membership.
The budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has no link to the costs of EU membership, and this simplistic view is misleading, opportunistic and unhelpful.
Rather than make spurious links between the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke and EU membership, perhaps Ms O'Dell (as a prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate) could make some practical and positive suggestions to help improve the hospital's situation.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter