'Typical lazy UKIP rhetoric'
I TAKE exception to Jenny O Dell s letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP. If Ms O Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would kno
I TAKE exception to Jenny O'Dell's letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP.
If Ms O'Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would know that the benefits of EU membership far outweigh the costs. The UK is better off economically, politically and socially for EU membership.
The budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has no link to the costs of EU membership, and this simplistic view is misleading, opportunistic and unhelpful.
Rather than make spurious links between the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke and EU membership, perhaps Ms O'Dell (as a prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate) could make some practical and positive suggestions to help improve the hospital's situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots