'Typical lazy UKIP rhetoric'
I TAKE exception to Jenny O Dell s letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP. If Ms O Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would kno
I TAKE exception to Jenny O'Dell's letter (October 7) regarding the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is typical of the lazy rhetoric and politics of UKIP.
If Ms O'Dell had even the slightest appreciation of economics or history, she would know that the benefits of EU membership far outweigh the costs. The UK is better off economically, politically and socially for EU membership.
The budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has no link to the costs of EU membership, and this simplistic view is misleading, opportunistic and unhelpful.
Rather than make spurious links between the budget deficit of Hinchingbrooke and EU membership, perhaps Ms O'Dell (as a prospective UKIP parliamentary candidate) could make some practical and positive suggestions to help improve the hospital's situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'