TWO people have been treated for smoke inhalation after fires broke out at properties in the early hours of Wednesday morning (April 8). Firefighters from St Neots were called at 12.46am to reports of a garden fence on fire in Marchioness Way, Eaton Socon. When crews arrived at the scene they found a 37-year-old female casualty who was given oxygen and treated for smoke inhalation. It is not yet clear if the woman was trying to extinguish the blaze. The second blaze took place in the kitchen of a home in Howard Way, Ramsey at 1.15am. Neighbours raised the alarm after hearing a smoke alarm and firefighters smashed through the window of the two-storey property to gain access. They woke a woman who was asleep in an upstairs bedroom and led her to safety. The female was treated at the scene after suffering smoke inhalation. A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze had started accidentally after pasta was left cooking in the kitchen.