Two tents will provide St Neots scouts with a little luxury
CAMPING will no longer be a ‘roughing it’ experience for members of the 1st St Neots Scouts following a donation of two new tents.
Tony Sainsbury, a parent of one of the scouts, approached the St Neots branch of the N&P (Norwich and Peterborough Building Society) and Nadine Hunter, manager of the branch, said she would be happy to help.
The group usually makes three camping trips each year, but need two new tents to ensure the trips could continue. Each tent can sleep up to five scouts, with plenty of room for their kit bags.
Tony said: “I’m really pleased that I approached N&P on behalf of the scout group, I know that they’ll all be very grateful for the donation of the tents. They’ve just come back from the cub district camping weekend, so it’s perfect timing as they were able to try them out.”
Nadine said: “I’m pleased that our donation is something that is going to prove so useful to the scouts. I bet they’ll have so much fun all being able to camp out in such big tents. As a mutual building society, we look to support local organisations and charities such as this and I hope that the scouts have lots of fun in the tents.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The scout group, which caters for 70 boys and girls aged between four and 15 at the scout hut in Bedford Street, is looking for volunteers. Contact Keith Horn (group scout leader) at email@example.com
Pictured: Nadine Hunter, St Neots branch manager, with group scout leader, Keith Horn, and the 1st St Neots Scouts with one of the new tents donated by N&P.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity