Two taken to hospital after motorcycle landed in ditch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to hospital following a ‘serious’ collision in Huntingdon earlier this evening (Friday).
The collision occurred around 7.20pm and involved a motorcycle, on Nursery Road close to B1514 Hartford Road, at the junction of Riverside Park.
A post on the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit’s Twitter stated that it was “currency dealing with a serious motorcycle collision on the Huntingdon ring road”.
Firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were at the scene. One lane was closed while those involved received treatment and emergency services clear the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that the motorcycle ending up in a ditch, both involved were conscious and breathing.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with “one on the serious scale”, the spokesman added.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life