Two taken to hospital after motorcycle landed in ditch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to hospital following a ‘serious’ collision in Huntingdon earlier this evening (Friday).
The collision occurred around 7.20pm and involved a motorcycle, on Nursery Road close to B1514 Hartford Road, at the junction of Riverside Park.
A post on the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit’s Twitter stated that it was “currency dealing with a serious motorcycle collision on the Huntingdon ring road”.
Firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were at the scene. One lane was closed while those involved received treatment and emergency services clear the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that the motorcycle ending up in a ditch, both involved were conscious and breathing.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with “one on the serious scale”, the spokesman added.
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week