Two taken to hospital after motorcycle landed in ditch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to hospital following a ‘serious’ collision in Huntingdon earlier this evening (Friday).
The collision occurred around 7.20pm and involved a motorcycle, on Nursery Road close to B1514 Hartford Road, at the junction of Riverside Park.
A post on the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit’s Twitter stated that it was “currency dealing with a serious motorcycle collision on the Huntingdon ring road”.
Firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were at the scene. One lane was closed while those involved received treatment and emergency services clear the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that the motorcycle ending up in a ditch, both involved were conscious and breathing.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist and their passenger have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with “one on the serious scale”, the spokesman added.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital