Two taken to hospital after collision on A1 near Southoe
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was cut free from the wreckage of their car following a collision near Southoe on Friday.
Emergency services were called to the northbound carriageway of the A1 at about 3.17pm to reports of a crash between two cars.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Huntingdon, along with two crews from St Neots, attended the incident.
Firefighters used specialist equipment to cut one casualty out of their car.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said two patients were treated for minor injuries at the scene.
“Both were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further care in stable condition,” the spokesman added.
Two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the incident to treat those involved.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 10 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer