Two taken to hospital after collision on A1 near Southoe
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was cut free from the wreckage of their car following a collision near Southoe on Friday.
Emergency services were called to the northbound carriageway of the A1 at about 3.17pm to reports of a crash between two cars.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Huntingdon, along with two crews from St Neots, attended the incident.
Firefighters used specialist equipment to cut one casualty out of their car.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said two patients were treated for minor injuries at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Both were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further care in stable condition,” the spokesman added.
Two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the incident to treat those involved.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space