Two St Neots young adults win community award
A FORMER teenage boy racer whose reckless driving left him in a wheelchair and a teenage girl who helps disabled children go swimming have both won awards. Nick Bennett, 23, from Papworth Everard, and Katie Entwistle, 18, from St Neots, received awards
A FORMER teenage boy racer whose reckless driving left him in a wheelchair and a teenage girl who helps disabled children go swimming have both won awards.
Nick Bennett, 23, from Papworth Everard, and Katie Entwistle, 18, from St Neots, received awards from Yopey - Young People of the Year, sponsored by Spicers.
Nick crashed his car at 17 trying to overtake two vehicles. He now gives talks to schools and has raised over £10,000 for Magpas, the volunteer emergency service which helped to save his life. He also raises money for the Cambridge charity Headway which helps people with head injuries.
Katie was nominated for an award for helping at the Upsidedown Club in St Neots for children with special needs of all categories.
You may also want to watch:
It caters for 40 children, allowing them to swim at the pool in Barford Road, Eynesbury.
Katie, a student at Huntingdonshire Regional College, helps youngsters who need aid to get into the water and with support when they are in the pool.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
INFORMATION: The Spicer Young People of the Year Award was founded by former national newspaper journalist Tony Gearing. See www.youngpeopleoftheyearaward.org