Two seriously injured in A428 Eltisley crash
TWO people were seriously injured in a car crash on the A428 at Eltisley. The three-vehicle collision took place just after 4pm on Wednesday (January 27), close to Caxton Gibbet and led to the closure of the road in both directions at the Caxton rounda
TWO people were seriously injured in a car crash on the A428 at Eltisley.
The three-vehicle collision took place just after 4pm on Wednesday (January 27), close to Caxton Gibbet and led to the closure of the road in both directions at the Caxton roundabout.
Diversions were set up along the B1040 and police urged motorists to avoid the area.
The road did not reopen until 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Magpas paramedics and doctors arrived on scene in the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Firefighters were also called to help free the trapped motorists.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
The crash involved a silver Mercedes S Class being driven by 73-year-old man from Milton, a black Peugeot 3008 being driven by a 35-year-old man from Milton Keynes and a blue Nissan Almera being driven by a 32-year-old woman from Eaton Socon.
The 32-year-old Eaton Socon woman and her 29-year-old male passenger suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said no one else had been seriously injured in the crash.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.