Two seriously injured in A428 Eltisley crash
TWO people were seriously injured in a car crash on the A428 at Eltisley. The three-vehicle collision took place just after 4pm on Wednesday (January 27), close to Caxton Gibbet and led to the closure of the road in both directions at the Caxton rounda
TWO people were seriously injured in a car crash on the A428 at Eltisley.
The three-vehicle collision took place just after 4pm on Wednesday (January 27), close to Caxton Gibbet and led to the closure of the road in both directions at the Caxton roundabout.
Diversions were set up along the B1040 and police urged motorists to avoid the area.
The road did not reopen until 10pm.
Magpas paramedics and doctors arrived on scene in the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Firefighters were also called to help free the trapped motorists.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
The crash involved a silver Mercedes S Class being driven by 73-year-old man from Milton, a black Peugeot 3008 being driven by a 35-year-old man from Milton Keynes and a blue Nissan Almera being driven by a 32-year-old woman from Eaton Socon.
The 32-year-old Eaton Socon woman and her 29-year-old male passenger suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said no one else had been seriously injured in the crash.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.