Two people escape uninjured from Huntingdon flat fire
TWO people were forced to flee their home in Huntingdon after a fire broke out in the kitchen. The blaze took place at a flat in St George s Court at 8.28pm on Monday (May 18). A man and a woman managed to escape uninjured after hearing a smoke alarm so
TWO people were forced to flee their home in Huntingdon after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
The blaze took place at a flat in St George's Court at 8.28pm on Monday (May 18).
A man and a woman managed to escape uninjured after hearing a smoke alarm sounding in the flat.
The small fire had started in a grill pan after cooking was left unattended.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and extinguished the blaze using a CO2 extinguisher and a hose reel.
Firefighters returned to base by 9.22pm.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
Rob Allport, watch manager at Huntingdon Fire Station, urged residents not to leave cooking unattended.
He said: "You are more likely to have a fire in your kitchen than any other room in the house, which is why it is so important to do all you can to stay safe.
"After you have finished cooking ensure that all appliances, including the oven are off.
"Also, ensure that you have a working smoke alarm, so that if you do forget, you will have early warning to a fire, minimising any damage and risk to life.