Two arrested after fight in college canteen
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen. Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon. A police spokesman said of
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen.
Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon.
A police spokesman said officers were called to a "violent incident" in the college canteen on Monday, September 22 at 12.30pm.
It is alleged that two men entered the refectory and assaulted a 16-year-old student.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to The Hunts Post, Anne Constantine, principal at the college, said:
"The disturbance was serious but short-lived; it was a matter of minutes before the people involved were off-site. Staff managed the situation extremely well and we are conducting a full and thorough investigation into what happened."
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
She added: "Nobody involved in the incident is attending the college."
Two 20-year-old men from Huntingdon have been arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed until October 14.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 45645654 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.