Two arrested after fight in college canteen
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen. Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon. A police spokesman said of
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen.
Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon.
A police spokesman said officers were called to a "violent incident" in the college canteen on Monday, September 22 at 12.30pm.
It is alleged that two men entered the refectory and assaulted a 16-year-old student.
Speaking to The Hunts Post, Anne Constantine, principal at the college, said:
"The disturbance was serious but short-lived; it was a matter of minutes before the people involved were off-site. Staff managed the situation extremely well and we are conducting a full and thorough investigation into what happened."
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
She added: "Nobody involved in the incident is attending the college."
Two 20-year-old men from Huntingdon have been arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed until October 14.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 45645654 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.