Two arrested after fight in college canteen
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen. Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon. A police spokesman said of
TWO men have been arrested after a fight broke out in a college canteen.
Chairs are believed to have been thrown and tables kicked over during the disturbance at Huntingdonshire Regional College in California Road, Huntingdon.
A police spokesman said officers were called to a "violent incident" in the college canteen on Monday, September 22 at 12.30pm.
It is alleged that two men entered the refectory and assaulted a 16-year-old student.
Speaking to The Hunts Post, Anne Constantine, principal at the college, said:
"The disturbance was serious but short-lived; it was a matter of minutes before the people involved were off-site. Staff managed the situation extremely well and we are conducting a full and thorough investigation into what happened."
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
She added: "Nobody involved in the incident is attending the college."
Two 20-year-old men from Huntingdon have been arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed until October 14.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 45645654 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.