Twins’ show they are good sports
A GROUP of 48 young people from Huntingdon and Godmanchester and their twinned towns, Szentendre in Hungary, Salon de Provence in France and Wertheim am Main in Germany, have been taking part in sporting and cultural events in Huntingdonshire this week –
A GROUP of 48 young people from Huntingdon and Godmanchester and their twinned towns, Szentendre in Hungary, Salon de Provence in France and Wertheim am Main in Germany, have been taking part in sporting and cultural events in Huntingdonshire this week - including the activities at Grafham Water on Thursday, pictured.
The cultural exchange, sponsored by the European Union, began on Monday, September 24 and ran until Friday.
The teams included 12 youngsters from each of the twinned towns, and 12 from Huntingdon and Godmanchester.
The event is also sponsored by both Huntingdon and Godmanchester Town Councils and supported by St Peter's and Hinchingbrooke Schools in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
The programme included creating a collage on the theme of nature in and around your town, team building sessions, swimming at St Peter's School, volleyball at Hinchingbrooke School, athletics at St Ivo stadium and orienteering at Hinchingbrooke Park.
The visiting teams have been based at Grafham.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
Picture: HUNTS POST