Twins’ show they are good sports
A GROUP of 48 young people from Huntingdon and Godmanchester and their twinned towns, Szentendre in Hungary, Salon de Provence in France and Wertheim am Main in Germany, have been taking part in sporting and cultural events in Huntingdonshire this week –
A GROUP of 48 young people from Huntingdon and Godmanchester and their twinned towns, Szentendre in Hungary, Salon de Provence in France and Wertheim am Main in Germany, have been taking part in sporting and cultural events in Huntingdonshire this week - including the activities at Grafham Water on Thursday, pictured.
The cultural exchange, sponsored by the European Union, began on Monday, September 24 and ran until Friday.
The teams included 12 youngsters from each of the twinned towns, and 12 from Huntingdon and Godmanchester.
The event is also sponsored by both Huntingdon and Godmanchester Town Councils and supported by St Peter's and Hinchingbrooke Schools in Huntingdon.
The programme included creating a collage on the theme of nature in and around your town, team building sessions, swimming at St Peter's School, volleyball at Hinchingbrooke School, athletics at St Ivo stadium and orienteering at Hinchingbrooke Park.
The visiting teams have been based at Grafham.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
- 8 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Could you give these pets a home?
Picture: HUNTS POST