Twinning trip boosts tourism prospects
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year s Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany. Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaf
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year's Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany.
Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaflets on Wood Green Animal Shelter, Hunts County Bats and Lola Cars International. Boat trips on the River Great Ouse, a stay in a B&B, a visit to a bird of prey sanctuary or an English country garden, house or mansion were also promoted.
Hans Herman, of the Wertheim Twinning Association, said: "We were very pleased with the positive response. Lots of people visited the stand asking for information about contact addresses or holiday possibilities in the towns."
Also promoted was one of Huntingdon's other twin town, Szentendre in Hungary, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary of the twinning in September.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the twinning association visit www.hgta-online.co.uk
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police