Twinning trip boosts tourism prospects
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year s Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany. Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaf
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year's Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany.
Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaflets on Wood Green Animal Shelter, Hunts County Bats and Lola Cars International. Boat trips on the River Great Ouse, a stay in a B&B, a visit to a bird of prey sanctuary or an English country garden, house or mansion were also promoted.
Hans Herman, of the Wertheim Twinning Association, said: "We were very pleased with the positive response. Lots of people visited the stand asking for information about contact addresses or holiday possibilities in the towns."
Also promoted was one of Huntingdon's other twin town, Szentendre in Hungary, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary of the twinning in September.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To find out more about the twinning association visit www.hgta-online.co.uk
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford