Twinning trip boosts tourism prospects
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year s Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany. Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaf
THE tourist attractions of Huntingdon and Godmanchester were promoted at this year's Wertheim Trade Fair in Germany.
Seven members of the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Twinning Association travelled to Germany to promote Cambridgeshire by handing out leaflets on Wood Green Animal Shelter, Hunts County Bats and Lola Cars International. Boat trips on the River Great Ouse, a stay in a B&B, a visit to a bird of prey sanctuary or an English country garden, house or mansion were also promoted.
Hans Herman, of the Wertheim Twinning Association, said: "We were very pleased with the positive response. Lots of people visited the stand asking for information about contact addresses or holiday possibilities in the towns."
Also promoted was one of Huntingdon's other twin town, Szentendre in Hungary, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary of the twinning in September.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To find out more about the twinning association visit www.hgta-online.co.uk
- 1 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 2 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 3 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 New superintendent for Hunts is familiar face from TV crime documentary
- 7 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 8 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!