MR Page is obviously a very sad man indeed (The Hunts Post, July 9). Cambourne is a wonderful place to live and, if you have two young children, then it is almost perfect. You have heard about the delightful open spaces, the top-rated schools and the top-
MR Page is obviously a very sad man indeed (The Hunts Post, July 9). Cambourne is a wonderful place to live and, if you have two young children, then it is almost perfect.
You have heard about the delightful open spaces, the top-rated schools and the top-flight medical practice in other people's correspondence. Cambridge is a fantastic city and only a short hop from Cambourne.
Cambourne is considered to be a modern part of Cambridge, at least as far as postcode goes. Cambourne is a victim of its own success, just like the M25, A14 and Walt Disney World - all three are always attacked but never fail to be as popular as ever. If Cambourne were an average new build settlement in any other part of the country, it wouldn't get a mention.
But it is criticised by the odd Cambridgeshire villager who doesn't like change. That same villager probably shops in Cambridge's stunning Grand Arcade and eats in Cambridge's newest restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge and Cambridgeshire are changing a little and in my view for the best. You can enjoy the delights of Cambridge and five minutes later you're back in Cambourne in a nice modern home where your children can grow up with plenty of open space and astonishingly low crime rates.
With all the devastation going on in the rest of the world, I would have thought that Mr Page would have something far more meaningful to write about. Or is he just a grumpy old man?
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 3 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise