Tribute board for Sawtry schoolboy found dead at home
TEACHERS, governors and pupils have sent their condolences to the family and friends of a young schoolboy who was found dead at his Sawtry home on Wednesday.
TEACHERS, governors and pupils have sent their condolences to the family and friends of a young schoolboy who was found dead at his Sawtry home yesterday (Wednesday).
Twelve-year-old Alex Gale was discovered at a property in Beaumaris Road just after 5pm yesterday. He was a Year 8 pupil at Sawtry Community College.
A statement from the school described Alex’s death as sudden and said it had left everyone at the school saddened.
Principal James Stewart said: “He was a bright, lively, hardworking and very popular member of the school community. He was liked and respected by his fellow students and teachers. He was an excellent student and he will be sadly missed by everyone at the college. Our thoughts are very much with his family and friends at this very sad time.
“Fellow students and friends are being offered help and support to cope with the tragic death of this popular young man.”
A police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the case had been passed to the coroner’s office.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today