Tribute board for Sawtry schoolboy found dead at home
TEACHERS, governors and pupils have sent their condolences to the family and friends of a young schoolboy who was found dead at his Sawtry home on Wednesday.
TEACHERS, governors and pupils have sent their condolences to the family and friends of a young schoolboy who was found dead at his Sawtry home yesterday (Wednesday).
Twelve-year-old Alex Gale was discovered at a property in Beaumaris Road just after 5pm yesterday. He was a Year 8 pupil at Sawtry Community College.
A statement from the school described Alex’s death as sudden and said it had left everyone at the school saddened.
Principal James Stewart said: “He was a bright, lively, hardworking and very popular member of the school community. He was liked and respected by his fellow students and teachers. He was an excellent student and he will be sadly missed by everyone at the college. Our thoughts are very much with his family and friends at this very sad time.
You may also want to watch:
“Fellow students and friends are being offered help and support to cope with the tragic death of this popular young man.”
A police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the case had been passed to the coroner’s office.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week