DURING the process of arranging my mother s funeral after she died in Lancashire last month, the funeral director asked what we wanted to do with her ashes. It was then that they told us of the Life for a Life scheme which helps local charities and the en
DURING the process of arranging my mother's funeral after she died in Lancashire last month, the funeral director asked what we wanted to do with her ashes. It was then that they told us of the Life for a Life scheme which helps local charities and the environment.
They plant a tree in memory of your family member and the ashes are put underneath the tree. We all thought that it was a lovely idea to have a tree and my mum here in Cambridgeshire. Unfortunately, Life for a Life does not have a planting area here. Please can your readers help us to find a piece of land for Life for a Life to plant a tree for my mum.
We are not the only family in this situation. I have spoken to a representative of Life for a Life, and they are constantly looking for new areas. Check out their website for more information.
It is a wonderful scheme, one that should be encouraged. Do you have a piece of land that they can use? If so, please get in touch with them.
You may also want to watch:
CHRISTINE WALKER, Parkway, Offord Cluny
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor