Treat duo with care
I CAN just cry reading the way that good people are treated, because I imagine the pressure that Mark Lezley and Marcus Davies have gone through ( Sad that ill must risk prison , Letters, December 27). For them to be treated like common criminals means th
I CAN just cry reading the way that good people are treated, because I imagine the pressure that Mark Lezley and Marcus Davies have gone through ("Sad that ill must risk prison", Letters, December 27). For them to be treated like common criminals means that our laws need addressing now.
I hope Judge John Phillips will apply common sense and compassion in his sentencing. I don't think judges have an easy job with cases like these. Crime is normally straightforward - you steal or hurt someone, then you are punished. Yet here we have no victims.
May Mark, Lezley and Marcus be treated as decent people should be treated. Thousands of people have signed petitions in favour of their actions. This case is going to set a precedent. History is being made.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today