Train company should help solve St Neots parking problems
I WOULD welcome some action, contracted out or otherwise, to the increasing problem of inconsiderate commuters either damaging the grass verges or leaving their cars in residential areas adjacent (within 10 minute walk) to the St Neots railway station.
While the action proposed by Councillor Jason Ablewhite would certainly help, it may be that the problem is just shunted increasingly further into the town as commuters accept a slightly longer walk to work.
We must not forget, however, that the nuisance is caused primarily by the gouging pricing policies adopted by a business that trades in our community – First Capital Connect. A year’s parking ticket at St Neots station is priced at £1,290 versus £825 at Huntingdon, £799 at Sandy or £698 at Biggleswade.
Should they not help solve the problem or have they not heard of corporate social responsibility?
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 9 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years