Traffic woe after A14 collision...and bus driver left red-faced after rising bollard incident
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the A14 this morning (Friday) after an smash involving two lorries.
Police were called shortly after 8am following reports that two HGVs were involved in a collision on the A14 spur road.
According to the police, one of the drivers involved in the incident has been injured.
A spokesman for the force said that the link road had been closed between the A1 at Alconbury and the Spittals interchange.
Recovery crews are at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There is queuing traffic on the southbound carriageway from the A1 at Alconbury to junction 23 of the A141 Spittals interchange.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
There was misery also for passengers on the guided busway near St Ives after a bus got stuck on a rising bollard.
The incident happened at about 8am at Houghton Road. Recovery crews have been called to release the bus.