Traffic woe after A14 collision...and bus driver left red-faced after rising bollard incident
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the A14 this morning (Friday) after an smash involving two lorries.
Police were called shortly after 8am following reports that two HGVs were involved in a collision on the A14 spur road.
According to the police, one of the drivers involved in the incident has been injured.
A spokesman for the force said that the link road had been closed between the A1 at Alconbury and the Spittals interchange.
Recovery crews are at the scene.
There is queuing traffic on the southbound carriageway from the A1 at Alconbury to junction 23 of the A141 Spittals interchange.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
There was misery also for passengers on the guided busway near St Ives after a bus got stuck on a rising bollard.
The incident happened at about 8am at Houghton Road. Recovery crews have been called to release the bus.