Traffic woe after A14 collision...and bus driver left red-faced after rising bollard incident
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the A14 this morning (Friday) after an smash involving two lorries.
Police were called shortly after 8am following reports that two HGVs were involved in a collision on the A14 spur road.
According to the police, one of the drivers involved in the incident has been injured.
A spokesman for the force said that the link road had been closed between the A1 at Alconbury and the Spittals interchange.
Recovery crews are at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There is queuing traffic on the southbound carriageway from the A1 at Alconbury to junction 23 of the A141 Spittals interchange.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
There was misery also for passengers on the guided busway near St Ives after a bus got stuck on a rising bollard.
The incident happened at about 8am at Houghton Road. Recovery crews have been called to release the bus.