Traffic woe after A14 collision...and bus driver left red-faced after rising bollard incident
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the A14 this morning (Friday) after an smash involving two lorries.
Police were called shortly after 8am following reports that two HGVs were involved in a collision on the A14 spur road.
According to the police, one of the drivers involved in the incident has been injured.
A spokesman for the force said that the link road had been closed between the A1 at Alconbury and the Spittals interchange.
Recovery crews are at the scene.
There is queuing traffic on the southbound carriageway from the A1 at Alconbury to junction 23 of the A141 Spittals interchange.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
There was misery also for passengers on the guided busway near St Ives after a bus got stuck on a rising bollard.
The incident happened at about 8am at Houghton Road. Recovery crews have been called to release the bus.