Traffic woe after A14 collision...and bus driver left red-faced after rising bollard incident
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the A14 this morning (Friday) after an smash involving two lorries.
Police were called shortly after 8am following reports that two HGVs were involved in a collision on the A14 spur road.
According to the police, one of the drivers involved in the incident has been injured.
A spokesman for the force said that the link road had been closed between the A1 at Alconbury and the Spittals interchange.
Recovery crews are at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There is queuing traffic on the southbound carriageway from the A1 at Alconbury to junction 23 of the A141 Spittals interchange.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 5 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 8 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 9 Mayor delighted with 'insight' by Andy Burnham over travel plans
- 10 'Our road was a lake of raw sewage' - family home ruined in St Ives' flood
There was misery also for passengers on the guided busway near St Ives after a bus got stuck on a rising bollard.
The incident happened at about 8am at Houghton Road. Recovery crews have been called to release the bus.