Traffic grinds to a halt after series of accidents on A14 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
This is gridlock on the roads around Huntingdon this morning (Thursday) following a series of accidents on the A14.
Police have been called to two collisions, both of which involve officers say involve lorries and several other cars.
The first collision took place on the eastbound carriageway at about 7.15am, between junction 23 (spittals interchange) and junction 24 (Godmanchester)
According to Cambridgeshire police, the incident involved a Mercedes Sprinter lorry, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Vauxhall Movano and a Ford Transit van.
And a second incident took place at 7.54am on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Godmanchester.
The vehicles involved included a Hyundai i10, a VW Passat, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Volvo lorry, and a Kia Picanto.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended the incidents. Injuries are not believe to be serious.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 4 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
There is congestion back to junction 28, Bucking, and on the A1198 to the London Road junction.