Traffic grinds to a halt after series of accidents on A14 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
This is gridlock on the roads around Huntingdon this morning (Thursday) following a series of accidents on the A14.
Police have been called to two collisions, both of which involve officers say involve lorries and several other cars.
The first collision took place on the eastbound carriageway at about 7.15am, between junction 23 (spittals interchange) and junction 24 (Godmanchester)
According to Cambridgeshire police, the incident involved a Mercedes Sprinter lorry, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Vauxhall Movano and a Ford Transit van.
And a second incident took place at 7.54am on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved included a Hyundai i10, a VW Passat, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Volvo lorry, and a Kia Picanto.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended the incidents. Injuries are not believe to be serious.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 9 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
There is congestion back to junction 28, Bucking, and on the A1198 to the London Road junction.