Traffic grinds to a halt after series of accidents on A14 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
This is gridlock on the roads around Huntingdon this morning (Thursday) following a series of accidents on the A14.
Police have been called to two collisions, both of which involve officers say involve lorries and several other cars.
The first collision took place on the eastbound carriageway at about 7.15am, between junction 23 (spittals interchange) and junction 24 (Godmanchester)
According to Cambridgeshire police, the incident involved a Mercedes Sprinter lorry, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Vauxhall Movano and a Ford Transit van.
And a second incident took place at 7.54am on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved included a Hyundai i10, a VW Passat, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Volvo lorry, and a Kia Picanto.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended the incidents. Injuries are not believe to be serious.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
There is congestion back to junction 28, Bucking, and on the A1198 to the London Road junction.