Traffic grinds to a halt after series of accidents on A14 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
This is gridlock on the roads around Huntingdon this morning (Thursday) following a series of accidents on the A14.
Police have been called to two collisions, both of which involve officers say involve lorries and several other cars.
The first collision took place on the eastbound carriageway at about 7.15am, between junction 23 (spittals interchange) and junction 24 (Godmanchester)
According to Cambridgeshire police, the incident involved a Mercedes Sprinter lorry, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Vauxhall Movano and a Ford Transit van.
And a second incident took place at 7.54am on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved included a Hyundai i10, a VW Passat, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Volvo lorry, and a Kia Picanto.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended the incidents. Injuries are not believe to be serious.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
There is congestion back to junction 28, Bucking, and on the A1198 to the London Road junction.