Traffic grinds to a halt after series of accidents on A14 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
This is gridlock on the roads around Huntingdon this morning (Thursday) following a series of accidents on the A14.
Police have been called to two collisions, both of which involve officers say involve lorries and several other cars.
The first collision took place on the eastbound carriageway at about 7.15am, between junction 23 (spittals interchange) and junction 24 (Godmanchester)
According to Cambridgeshire police, the incident involved a Mercedes Sprinter lorry, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Vauxhall Movano and a Ford Transit van.
And a second incident took place at 7.54am on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved included a Hyundai i10, a VW Passat, a Vauxhall Zafira, a Volvo lorry, and a Kia Picanto.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended the incidents. Injuries are not believe to be serious.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
There is congestion back to junction 28, Bucking, and on the A1198 to the London Road junction.