Toy company set to be latest addition at Alconbury Enterprise Campus
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon toy and games distributor is hoping to become the newest resident at Alconbury Enterprise Campus.
John Adams Leisure Ltd, submitted a full planning application in July and plans to start construction on the 143,000 sq. ft headquarters before the end of this year.
The site was earmarked by the company as an opportunity to further expand its business, both nationally and internationally, and to achieve its ambitious growth strategy.
The development will also see its three sites, currently spread across Huntingdon, consolidated under one roof.
Simon Pilkington, managing director of John Adams said: “This is an exciting time in the development of our company. John Adams Leisure has successfully evolved over the past six years, as we continue to expand our position within the UK Toy and Leisure market.
“The company employs a talented team of people whose strengths and skills complement each other and combine to drive the company forwards.
“The new offices are part of solid plans that we have put in place to give the team the resources needed to ensure our continued growth and expansion both in the UK and internationally for the foreseeable future.”
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 10 Parking fees rise will encourage 'more sustainable travel choices'
Recently named as one of London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, it is known for brands including Rubik’s Cube, Tiny Tears, Fuzzy Felt, Ideal Games, John Adams Creative play, Action Science and Intex Pools and Spas.
Tim Leathes, development director for site owner and developer Urban&Civic said: “We are delighted that John Adams Leisure is joining the ever growing community at Alconbury Weald. They are a great success story for the development and we were able to work with them to give them the building they needed to meet their international capabilities.”