Toy company set to be latest addition at Alconbury Enterprise Campus
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon toy and games distributor is hoping to become the newest resident at Alconbury Enterprise Campus.
John Adams Leisure Ltd, submitted a full planning application in July and plans to start construction on the 143,000 sq. ft headquarters before the end of this year.
The site was earmarked by the company as an opportunity to further expand its business, both nationally and internationally, and to achieve its ambitious growth strategy.
The development will also see its three sites, currently spread across Huntingdon, consolidated under one roof.
Simon Pilkington, managing director of John Adams said: “This is an exciting time in the development of our company. John Adams Leisure has successfully evolved over the past six years, as we continue to expand our position within the UK Toy and Leisure market.
You may also want to watch:
“The company employs a talented team of people whose strengths and skills complement each other and combine to drive the company forwards.
“The new offices are part of solid plans that we have put in place to give the team the resources needed to ensure our continued growth and expansion both in the UK and internationally for the foreseeable future.”
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters
Recently named as one of London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, it is known for brands including Rubik’s Cube, Tiny Tears, Fuzzy Felt, Ideal Games, John Adams Creative play, Action Science and Intex Pools and Spas.
Tim Leathes, development director for site owner and developer Urban&Civic said: “We are delighted that John Adams Leisure is joining the ever growing community at Alconbury Weald. They are a great success story for the development and we were able to work with them to give them the building they needed to meet their international capabilities.”