Towns go down
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same – no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property. The town s
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same - no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property.
The town shops consist of estate agents, charity shops, hairdressers and supermarket, and many places serve food that can be thrown around, such as chips and pizzas. The place becomes an eyesore.
We now have the mess of cigarette butts on the pavement outside public houses. Surely, if a publican could empty ashtrays inside the pub before the new law, he can provide a bucket or something outside the pub.
While the powers-that-be ramble on about what to do with the old cinema site, what we need is proper shops.
You cannot buy a pair of pants in Ramsey - why would anyone bother to visit the town?
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 Honda, Seat and Toyota crashed on A141