Towns go down
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same – no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property. The town s
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same - no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property.
The town shops consist of estate agents, charity shops, hairdressers and supermarket, and many places serve food that can be thrown around, such as chips and pizzas. The place becomes an eyesore.
We now have the mess of cigarette butts on the pavement outside public houses. Surely, if a publican could empty ashtrays inside the pub before the new law, he can provide a bucket or something outside the pub.
While the powers-that-be ramble on about what to do with the old cinema site, what we need is proper shops.
You may also want to watch:
You cannot buy a pair of pants in Ramsey - why would anyone bother to visit the town?
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff