Towns go down
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same – no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property. The town s
HAVING read the letter from Mrs S Hopper (September 19), I think Ramsey should twin with St Neots. They are very much the same - no relevant police presence in the town at weekends, with local yobs causing much grievance to people and property.
The town shops consist of estate agents, charity shops, hairdressers and supermarket, and many places serve food that can be thrown around, such as chips and pizzas. The place becomes an eyesore.
We now have the mess of cigarette butts on the pavement outside public houses. Surely, if a publican could empty ashtrays inside the pub before the new law, he can provide a bucket or something outside the pub.
While the powers-that-be ramble on about what to do with the old cinema site, what we need is proper shops.
You may also want to watch:
You cannot buy a pair of pants in Ramsey - why would anyone bother to visit the town?
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week