Town in turmoil
WHAT has happened to Huntingdon? That once charming county town has been improved beyond recognition. Perhaps the planners would like to answer a few questions? How long do they think before the people living in Saxongate complain about St Mary s Church
WHAT has happened to Huntingdon? That once charming county town has been "improved" beyond recognition. Perhaps the planners would like to answer a few questions?
How long do they think before the people living in Saxongate complain about St Mary's Church clock chiming and the occasional ringing of the bells? What on earth possessed planners to agree to a building, which, in a proper situation such as a modern village, would not seem so out of place, but sticks out like a sore thumb on the corner of Hartford Road.
All Saints' Church is now overshadowed by the new court building - who agreed to that?
The area around St Benedict's Court has become an open invitation to vandals. I wonder how long it will take for trees to be up-rooted and graffiti to appear.
You may also want to watch:
It would now appear that one of the few open spaces alongside the river is to be turned into a car park - wonderful! The town does not hold enough attraction for drivers to park there and walk half a mile into town. What is wrong with utilising the old secondary modern site as a multi-storey car park with a walkway to Chequers Court?
Is it any wonder that people, like me, come from Huntingdon but seldom go there?
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity