Town filled for fantastic lights event in St Neots
AS chairman of the St Neots Town Council operation and amenities committee, which is responsible for town events, I would like to thank all those involved, in any way no matter how big or small, in organising this year’s event.
It was a resounding success with thousands of the town’s people filling the town centre to enjoy the festivities. People who have lived in the town for many years have commented that the town has not seen such an event since the millennium.
The new town council sets the bar high, and wants to give the people of St Neots the sort of town events they deserve, and the Christmas event this year has set the standard for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012 that we have been planning for some months now.
Seeing so many people from the town turn out to be part of this event made me feel proud of the town in which I live. I hope this level of confidence in ourselves as a town is the way forward, and we can, as a town, put an end to the myth that we play second fiddle to Huntingdon.
We are our own town, we have pride in our town, and our town is a great town.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr ROGER HARRISON
Eaton Socon Ward
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
St Neots Town Council