Tory councillors working with firefighters’ unions
PLEASE set the record straight with regard to Councillor Heathcock’s comments regarding the fire authority (Letters, July 6).
I and my Conservative colleagues are very much involved with the difficult decisions that have to be made with regard to funding the fire service.
We are attending the induction meetings being arranged for us. In September we will be undertaking visits to fire stations to learn from our firefighters just how important they are to our everyday lives.
In particular, we are listening to and taking on board the representations received from the Fire Brigades Union and the Retained Firefighters’ Union.
Our aim is to keep a fire service that is capable of delivering the needs of Cambridgeshire. This can be achieved only by working together with the senior management team and the trade unions.
Comments such as those trumpeted by Councillor Heathcock are unworthy of a “senior member of the fire authority” and are patently untrue.
County Councillor Sir PETER BROWN
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Fire Authority