Tory councillors working with firefighters’ unions
PLEASE set the record straight with regard to Councillor Heathcock’s comments regarding the fire authority (Letters, July 6).
I and my Conservative colleagues are very much involved with the difficult decisions that have to be made with regard to funding the fire service.
We are attending the induction meetings being arranged for us. In September we will be undertaking visits to fire stations to learn from our firefighters just how important they are to our everyday lives.
In particular, we are listening to and taking on board the representations received from the Fire Brigades Union and the Retained Firefighters’ Union.
Our aim is to keep a fire service that is capable of delivering the needs of Cambridgeshire. This can be achieved only by working together with the senior management team and the trade unions.
You may also want to watch:
Comments such as those trumpeted by Councillor Heathcock are unworthy of a “senior member of the fire authority” and are patently untrue.
County Councillor Sir PETER BROWN
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Fire Authority