Too pricey to park
I FEEL the need to respond to your article regarding parking in Huntingdon town centre. I commute to London each day for work and I choose not to park at Huntingdon train station car park. There isn t a bus service from my village to the train station an
I FEEL the need to respond to your article regarding parking in Huntingdon town centre. I commute to London each day for work and I choose not to park at Huntingdon train station car park.
There isn't a bus service from my village to the train station and I have no choice but to drive, but I do have a choice of whether I wish to pay £4.80 per day to park at the train station and I choose not to.
Why should I pay this extortionate amount? This charge is clearly an overpriced profit-making scheme for the train companies to take advantage of the people who travel to work in London, as the charge is reduced to £1 after 10am.
It also should not be presumed that because I work in London, I am cash rich and can afford to pay such high prices.
You may also want to watch:
If the council takes away my current choice of where I park my car I will find somewhere. If the council makes it impossible to park my car anywhere within a 20-minute circumference of the train station, I will change my job to Cambridge and clog up the A14 instead.
NICHOLA DARLOW, Headlands, Fenstanton
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life