Too pricey to park
I FEEL the need to respond to your article regarding parking in Huntingdon town centre. I commute to London each day for work and I choose not to park at Huntingdon train station car park. There isn t a bus service from my village to the train station an
I FEEL the need to respond to your article regarding parking in Huntingdon town centre. I commute to London each day for work and I choose not to park at Huntingdon train station car park.
There isn't a bus service from my village to the train station and I have no choice but to drive, but I do have a choice of whether I wish to pay £4.80 per day to park at the train station and I choose not to.
Why should I pay this extortionate amount? This charge is clearly an overpriced profit-making scheme for the train companies to take advantage of the people who travel to work in London, as the charge is reduced to £1 after 10am.
It also should not be presumed that because I work in London, I am cash rich and can afford to pay such high prices.
You may also want to watch:
If the council takes away my current choice of where I park my car I will find somewhere. If the council makes it impossible to park my car anywhere within a 20-minute circumference of the train station, I will change my job to Cambridge and clog up the A14 instead.
NICHOLA DARLOW, Headlands, Fenstanton
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners