Toddler Gabriella completes the Race for Life
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday. The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Can
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday.
The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Cancer Research UK.
They took their place among thousands of other runners and walkers on Jesus Green.
However, instead of completing the entire 5,000m course, Gabriella ran at the start of the race and again at the finish.
You may also want to watch:
"Gabriella started by joining in the pre-race warm up and as predicted ran at the start and through the finishing line, happy to have a shoulder ride in between.," said Amanda. "She was cheered on throughout the race by supporters and race participants. Everyone was amazed at her ability to run at such a young age."
She added: "Gabriella is still collecting sponsorship following the Race for Life and is hoping to raise £100."
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 7 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 8 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Back after Zoom meetings and in fine voice
Amanda said the watching some of the runners who had suffered from cancer taking part in the event was inspiring and hoped their efforts would attract even more people to the next event.
Picture are Amanda and Gabriella Dudley after receiving their medals at the Race for Life on Sunday.