Toddler Gabriella completes the Race for Life
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday. The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Can
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday.
The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Cancer Research UK.
They took their place among thousands of other runners and walkers on Jesus Green.
However, instead of completing the entire 5,000m course, Gabriella ran at the start of the race and again at the finish.
"Gabriella started by joining in the pre-race warm up and as predicted ran at the start and through the finishing line, happy to have a shoulder ride in between.," said Amanda. "She was cheered on throughout the race by supporters and race participants. Everyone was amazed at her ability to run at such a young age."
She added: "Gabriella is still collecting sponsorship following the Race for Life and is hoping to raise £100."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 4 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
Amanda said the watching some of the runners who had suffered from cancer taking part in the event was inspiring and hoped their efforts would attract even more people to the next event.
Picture are Amanda and Gabriella Dudley after receiving their medals at the Race for Life on Sunday.