Toddler Gabriella completes the Race for Life
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday. The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Can
RACING TODDLER: Little Gabriella Dudley became one of the youngest entrants to pick up a medal in the Race for Life on Sunday.
The 15-month-old from Brampton entered the charity event in Cambridge with her mum, Amanda, with the aim of raising £100 for Cancer Research UK.
They took their place among thousands of other runners and walkers on Jesus Green.
However, instead of completing the entire 5,000m course, Gabriella ran at the start of the race and again at the finish.
"Gabriella started by joining in the pre-race warm up and as predicted ran at the start and through the finishing line, happy to have a shoulder ride in between.," said Amanda. "She was cheered on throughout the race by supporters and race participants. Everyone was amazed at her ability to run at such a young age."
She added: "Gabriella is still collecting sponsorship following the Race for Life and is hoping to raise £100."
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 6 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Home of the Week
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Amanda said the watching some of the runners who had suffered from cancer taking part in the event was inspiring and hoped their efforts would attract even more people to the next event.
Picture are Amanda and Gabriella Dudley after receiving their medals at the Race for Life on Sunday.