Timetables set for Cambs guided bus
TIMETABLES for the new guided bus service have been finalised as the bus companies gear up for an August opening.
All of the timetables can be found on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website (www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/thebusway) along with maps of the various routes and stops.
While the initial timetables will not knock any significant time off journeys between Huntingdonshire and Cambridge, CCC is promising a reliable service when the buses finally take to the guideway on Sunday, August 7.
Stagecoach and Whippet Coaches, which will run the guided buses, have now registered timetables for the seven-day-a-week service, including a bus running between St Ives and Cambridge at least every 10 minutes from Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm. Services to Huntingdon will be every 20 minutes during this period and there will be an hourly evening service. The last bus from Cambridge to Huntingdon will leave the city at about 11.35pm.
The Sunday service (which is also the bank holiday service) between Huntingdon and Cambridge will be hourly.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a Somersham-St Ives service linking in to the guideway and a free park and ride site at St Ives to lure car drivers from areas not served by the buses from their vehicles and onto the busway.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon