Timetables set for Cambs guided bus
TIMETABLES for the new guided bus service have been finalised as the bus companies gear up for an August opening.
All of the timetables can be found on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website (www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/thebusway) along with maps of the various routes and stops.
While the initial timetables will not knock any significant time off journeys between Huntingdonshire and Cambridge, CCC is promising a reliable service when the buses finally take to the guideway on Sunday, August 7.
Stagecoach and Whippet Coaches, which will run the guided buses, have now registered timetables for the seven-day-a-week service, including a bus running between St Ives and Cambridge at least every 10 minutes from Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm. Services to Huntingdon will be every 20 minutes during this period and there will be an hourly evening service. The last bus from Cambridge to Huntingdon will leave the city at about 11.35pm.
The Sunday service (which is also the bank holiday service) between Huntingdon and Cambridge will be hourly.
There is also a Somersham-St Ives service linking in to the guideway and a free park and ride site at St Ives to lure car drivers from areas not served by the buses from their vehicles and onto the busway.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed