Time to pipe down
CLEARLY, Councillor Jeff Dutton is already getting worried about holding his Huntingdon North seat next year. That is why he has started a personal attack on Sam Kemp, even though she has been a councillor for less than two months. He criticises her for
CLEARLY, Councillor Jeff Dutton is already getting worried about holding his Huntingdon North seat next year.
That is why he has started a personal attack on Sam Kemp, even though she has been a councillor for less than two months.
He criticises her for not attending "an important meeting". This meeting was the Huntingdon Leisure Centre management panel which meets at 2.30 in the afternoon, a time when most normal people, including Sam, are at work.
I proposed that future meetings should be held at the end of the working day. This gives working people a chance to be councillors. The panel rejected my request. Chair of the panel? Jeff Dutton.
This is the same Jeff Dutton who missed last month's full council meeting. Was that "an important meeting", I wonder?
I suggest that he pipes down for a bit and let us all get on with what we are elected to do, not snipe at each other.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
Councillor PETER DOWNES, Leader of the Liberal, Democrat group, Huntingdonshire District Council
* COUNCILLOR Jeff Dutton has launched an excitable broadside against local Lib Dems (The Hunts Post, June 27).
He has been telling these same Lib Dems for the past months about how unhappy he is with his local Conservatives, and how he is thinking of joining us. This fell on stony ground.
I imagine his letter is his attempt to make it up to his former cronies.
Looking at the immoderate language he chose to use in his letter, you can see why we would not consider him to be a responsible, respectable representative of our party.
MIKE SHELLENS, Constituency Organiser, Huntingdon Lib Dems