Time to let go of logo
AS we are not Warboys people, although we have lived here for 28 years, we are genuinely puzzled by the strength of local people s feelings not to ditch the witch. We respectfully ask why this is so. The way we see it, the whole episode was extremely trag
AS we are not Warboys people, although we have lived here for 28 years, we are genuinely puzzled by the strength of local people's feelings not to ditch the witch. We respectfully ask why this is so.
The way we see it, the whole episode was extremely tragic, with three people being hanged on what would appear to have been the say-so of their servants and a few children. It was a macabre act and, we would have thought, nothing for Warboys to be proud of.
If this logo has been in place for 60 years, is it not time to let go of this sad episode and let these poor people rest in peace? There must surely be something better than mediaeval torture to use as a logo for our children's uniforms, something they can be proud of.
DANNY and DOREEN MAYERS
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online