Time to let go of logo
AS we are not Warboys people, although we have lived here for 28 years, we are genuinely puzzled by the strength of local people s feelings not to ditch the witch. We respectfully ask why this is so. The way we see it, the whole episode was extremely trag
AS we are not Warboys people, although we have lived here for 28 years, we are genuinely puzzled by the strength of local people's feelings not to ditch the witch. We respectfully ask why this is so.
The way we see it, the whole episode was extremely tragic, with three people being hanged on what would appear to have been the say-so of their servants and a few children. It was a macabre act and, we would have thought, nothing for Warboys to be proud of.
If this logo has been in place for 60 years, is it not time to let go of this sad episode and let these poor people rest in peace? There must surely be something better than mediaeval torture to use as a logo for our children's uniforms, something they can be proud of.
DANNY and DOREEN MAYERS
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor