Time to get on with the job
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation. The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council s cemetery plan
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation.
The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council's cemetery plan without actually checking the facts.
Had he first checked with the Town Clerk, his Conservative colleagues, or even waited until after the meeting that discussed this issue, before putting pen to paper, I am sure that his letters to the press would have been more factually correct.
He would probably not agree that his account may not be entirely accurate, but the records are.
I trust this will be the last we hear of the subject and would urge Cllr Chapman to do the job he was elected to do, that is to work together towards getting a much-needed cinema for St Neots.
Councillor DEREK GILES
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
Leader, St Neots Town Council