Time to get on with the job
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation. The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council s cemetery plan
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation.
The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council's cemetery plan without actually checking the facts.
Had he first checked with the Town Clerk, his Conservative colleagues, or even waited until after the meeting that discussed this issue, before putting pen to paper, I am sure that his letters to the press would have been more factually correct.
He would probably not agree that his account may not be entirely accurate, but the records are.
You may also want to watch:
I trust this will be the last we hear of the subject and would urge Cllr Chapman to do the job he was elected to do, that is to work together towards getting a much-needed cinema for St Neots.
Councillor DEREK GILES
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 9 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 10 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
Leader, St Neots Town Council