Time to get on with the job
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation. The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council s cemetery plan
ONCE again you have printed a letter from Councillor Barry Chapman in which he accuses me of lying about facts. I take great exception to this accusation.
The truth is that Barry Chapman wrote a letter to the papers about the town council's cemetery plan without actually checking the facts.
Had he first checked with the Town Clerk, his Conservative colleagues, or even waited until after the meeting that discussed this issue, before putting pen to paper, I am sure that his letters to the press would have been more factually correct.
He would probably not agree that his account may not be entirely accurate, but the records are.
I trust this will be the last we hear of the subject and would urge Cllr Chapman to do the job he was elected to do, that is to work together towards getting a much-needed cinema for St Neots.
Councillor DEREK GILES
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
Leader, St Neots Town Council