Time for tea at the Bargroves centre
Organisations which have backed a garden project for people with learning disabilities have been invited to a celebration of its success. The vegetable garden was established 18 months ago at the Bargroves Centre in St Neots, by Cambridgeshire County Co
Organisations which have backed a garden project for people with learning disabilities have been invited to a celebration of its success.
The vegetable garden was established 18 months ago at the Bargroves Centre in St Neots, by Cambridgeshire County Council Community Education Tutor Anne Tubridy and it has now been entered for the Anglia In Bloom competition.
The Tea Party on July 12, from 1.30-3.00 pm has two main purposes - to celebrate the achievements and hard work of the learners in running and maintaining the garden and to raise funds to sustain and expand the project.
Guests will include St Neots Town Council, Muir Housing Association, Lloyds TSB bank and individual friends of the project. The event will include a raffle, sponsor a sunflower competition and the chance to buy some of the produce.
You may also want to watch:
The Anglia In Bloom judges will also visit the Garden during the morning of July 12, said Anne Tubridy. St Neots Town Council entered the garden in the category for the Best Garden for Special Needs people
She added: "We are hoping that our tea party will be a celebration to mark a successful outcome in the Anglia in Bloom competition, to say thank you to everyone who has worked so hard on the project and to support it and also to help us raise some money to keep the project going and to expand it in the future.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 9 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
- 10 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House