Time for some memories at Godmanchester’s Wood Green
UNDERGROUND: A time capsule has been buried under a the new kennels and surgery which are being built at Wood Green Animal Shelters in Godmanchester.
The charity placed the time capsule, which is full of memorabilia including pictures, uniform and literature, underneath what will be the new surgery floor.
Works on the building began in February when contractors Farrans demolished the former isolation kennels and begun constructing the new kennels, a puppy unit, surgery and boiler house.
The �3.6million development is to open in spring 2012.
Director of facilities David Morgan said: “The buildings are really starting to take shape now and we are on schedule to open them early next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We decided to bury a time capsule under the surgery so that in 50 years time future generations of the charity are able to look back at the way things were in 2011.”
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters