Time for some memories at Godmanchester’s Wood Green
UNDERGROUND: A time capsule has been buried under a the new kennels and surgery which are being built at Wood Green Animal Shelters in Godmanchester.
The charity placed the time capsule, which is full of memorabilia including pictures, uniform and literature, underneath what will be the new surgery floor.
Works on the building began in February when contractors Farrans demolished the former isolation kennels and begun constructing the new kennels, a puppy unit, surgery and boiler house.
The �3.6million development is to open in spring 2012.
Director of facilities David Morgan said: “The buildings are really starting to take shape now and we are on schedule to open them early next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We decided to bury a time capsule under the surgery so that in 50 years time future generations of the charity are able to look back at the way things were in 2011.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 5 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 10 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development