Time for pancake racers to get in the mix
THE traditional pancake races through the centre of Huntingdon are due to take place on February 5, and organisers are looking for teams who are up for the challenge. Last year s adult race was won by the retailers Wilkinsons, who held off staff from Pop
THE traditional pancake races through the centre of Huntingdon are due to take place on February 5, and organisers are looking for teams who are up for the challenge.
Last year's adult race was won by the retailers Wilkinsons, who held off staff from Pop Bellies to take the title.
This year Huntingdon Town Council is hoping to attract even more teams - or individuals - to join in the fun.
The races start at 12noon at the entrance to St Benedict's Court and finish, following a short dash with pancakes and pans - at Huntingdon market square.
You may also want to watch:
As well as a retailers and businesses race, there are also contests for children aged six to 10, secondary school pupils, and a wheelchair race.
And for those who cannot take part in the race, there is also an opportunity to get involved by donating a prize which will be given to one of the race winners.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
INFORMATION: To find out more about entering the races, or donating a prize, contact Marilyn Simpson on 01480 388688 or call into the council offices at 1 Trinity Place, Huntingdon.