Tickets now on sale for Hunts cancer raffle
THANKS to the generosity of Hunts Post readers there are now some great prizes to be won in our charity raffle for the Woodlands Cancer Centre in Huntingdon. And tickets are now on sale for �1 from The Hunts Post office in High Street Huntingdon. The priz
THANKS to the generosity of Hunts Post readers there are now some great prizes to be won in our charity raffle for the Woodlands Cancer Centre in Huntingdon.
And tickets are now on sale for �1 from The Hunts Post office in High Street Huntingdon.
The prizes include reflexology treatments, Boots vouchers, a month's free gym membership, lots of wine, delicious chocolates and lots, lots more.
The Hunts Post decided to organise the raffle in aid of the cancer centre after the Woodlands own raffle prizes were stolen by thieves.
You may also want to watch:
The raffle was to pay for a Christmas party for women with breast cancer.
The Huntingdonshire community has more than made up for those stolen prizes by bringing forward a wide variety of gifts.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
As well as the above items already mentioned, you can also stand the chance to win one of our women's indulgence packs consisting or a half case of wine (there are three up for grabs).
There are also vouchers for LA Fitness, Tesco, WH Smith, Reflexology2U or you could even win your own performance by the Sawtry-based Vocal Academy.
Readers who buy a ticket could also win a �40 meal voucher for the Three Horseshoes in Houghton or a �20 voucher for Ramsey's Lasting Impressions beauty clinic.
Not only have prizes been donated but readers, businesses and organisations have sent cheques to the centre.
The Upwood Quilting Group is the latest to make a donation - �200 they raised at their show on Saturday.
Dena Hudson, who helped organise the quilt show, said: "As I read your article in The Hunts Post we decided that the money we raised should go to the Woodlands Centre to help in their excellent work."
INFORMATION: Raffle tickets can be purchased at The Hunts Post offices for �1 each and �5 for a strip of five. The office is open Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am until 1pm.