Three rescued from office blaze
THREE people were led to safety from an office unit in Huntingdon after the building filled with smoke. It is believed the roof of the office unit, in George Street Industrial Estate, caught on fire in the early hours of last Wednesday. Fire engines fro
THREE people were led to safety from an office unit in Huntingdon after the building filled with smoke.
It is believed the roof of the office unit, in George Street Industrial Estate, caught on fire in the early hours of last Wednesday.
Fire engines from Huntingdon, St Ives and Papworth Everard were called at 7am and had extinguished the fire by 8am.
Two women and a man, who were believed to have been sleeping inside the vacant office building, were led to safety but did not need medical treatment.
It is unknown what caused the fire but it was being treated as suspicious and investigated by Cambridgeshire police.
A spokesman for Barker Storey Matthews, chartered surveyors, which has the property on its books said: "Hardly any damage was caused. It was only a small fire but there was a lot of smoke. The property should have been empty."
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 9 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564564.