Three private firms left in bidding to run Huntingdon's hospital
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with Peterborough and Stamford Hos
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with
Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, have made it through to the next stage.
Care UK and Interhealth Canada (UK) Ltd are out of the running.
You may also want to watch:
The NHS has said the three remaining companies will be invited to meet with the NHS East of England, hospital staff and others "to propose solutions to making the future of Hinchingbrooke Hospital sustainable".
Under the current management the hospital has been working within its budget, but the NHS is obsessed with Hinchingbrooke's �40million debt, built up through obscure NHS accounting practices.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
Dr Stephen Dunn, director of strategy at NHS East of England, said: "Potential partners have been sharing with us some really pioneering ideas about how they would make Hinchingbrooke sustainable, and secure its longer term future.
"An expert team has been evaluating how robust these ideas are, whether the bidders have sufficient vision, experience and a solid financial platform.
"Our expectations are high, and we have been very impressed with the quality.