Three private firms left in bidding to run Huntingdon's hospital
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with Peterborough and Stamford Hos
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with
Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, have made it through to the next stage.
Care UK and Interhealth Canada (UK) Ltd are out of the running.
You may also want to watch:
The NHS has said the three remaining companies will be invited to meet with the NHS East of England, hospital staff and others "to propose solutions to making the future of Hinchingbrooke Hospital sustainable".
Under the current management the hospital has been working within its budget, but the NHS is obsessed with Hinchingbrooke's �40million debt, built up through obscure NHS accounting practices.
- 1 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
Dr Stephen Dunn, director of strategy at NHS East of England, said: "Potential partners have been sharing with us some really pioneering ideas about how they would make Hinchingbrooke sustainable, and secure its longer term future.
"An expert team has been evaluating how robust these ideas are, whether the bidders have sufficient vision, experience and a solid financial platform.
"Our expectations are high, and we have been very impressed with the quality.