Three private firms left in bidding to run Huntingdon's hospital
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with Peterborough and Stamford Hos
THREE private firms have been shortlisted for the next stage of the process to franchise the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Circle Health, Ramsay Health Care UK and Serco Health, which is working with
Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, have made it through to the next stage.
Care UK and Interhealth Canada (UK) Ltd are out of the running.
You may also want to watch:
The NHS has said the three remaining companies will be invited to meet with the NHS East of England, hospital staff and others "to propose solutions to making the future of Hinchingbrooke Hospital sustainable".
Under the current management the hospital has been working within its budget, but the NHS is obsessed with Hinchingbrooke's �40million debt, built up through obscure NHS accounting practices.
- 1 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 4 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
Dr Stephen Dunn, director of strategy at NHS East of England, said: "Potential partners have been sharing with us some really pioneering ideas about how they would make Hinchingbrooke sustainable, and secure its longer term future.
"An expert team has been evaluating how robust these ideas are, whether the bidders have sufficient vision, experience and a solid financial platform.
"Our expectations are high, and we have been very impressed with the quality.