Three Huntingdonshire friends climb Ben Nevis for Hunts Post New Life Appeal
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit. James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit.
James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and who both work in IT and salesman Craig Burkitt, 26 from Girton made the ascent as part of a spring holiday in Scotland.
The three, who met at Cambridge Regional College too three hours to climb the 4,406 feet and two hours to get down.
James, spokesman for the group said: "This was the first time we had gone on a tour of Scotland, we wanted a challenge and we had decided that this was the year we were going to raise money for charity so it all came together really. I have colleagues who have had premature babies and also someone in the family so we wanted to help."
James was supported by donations from his employer and colleagues who work at Solo Cup Europe in Huntingdon which makes disposable tablewear.
The New Life Appeal was launched by The Hunts Post to raise funds for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is an ongoing appeal.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
INFORMATION: To support James Simon and Craig's fundraising for The New Life Appeal go to www.justgiving.co.uk/jamesleivers.