Three Huntingdonshire friends climb Ben Nevis for Hunts Post New Life Appeal
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit. James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit.
James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and who both work in IT and salesman Craig Burkitt, 26 from Girton made the ascent as part of a spring holiday in Scotland.
The three, who met at Cambridge Regional College too three hours to climb the 4,406 feet and two hours to get down.
James, spokesman for the group said: "This was the first time we had gone on a tour of Scotland, we wanted a challenge and we had decided that this was the year we were going to raise money for charity so it all came together really. I have colleagues who have had premature babies and also someone in the family so we wanted to help."
You may also want to watch:
James was supported by donations from his employer and colleagues who work at Solo Cup Europe in Huntingdon which makes disposable tablewear.
The New Life Appeal was launched by The Hunts Post to raise funds for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is an ongoing appeal.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
INFORMATION: To support James Simon and Craig's fundraising for The New Life Appeal go to www.justgiving.co.uk/jamesleivers.