Three Huntingdonshire friends climb Ben Nevis for Hunts Post New Life Appeal
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit. James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit.
James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and who both work in IT and salesman Craig Burkitt, 26 from Girton made the ascent as part of a spring holiday in Scotland.
The three, who met at Cambridge Regional College too three hours to climb the 4,406 feet and two hours to get down.
James, spokesman for the group said: "This was the first time we had gone on a tour of Scotland, we wanted a challenge and we had decided that this was the year we were going to raise money for charity so it all came together really. I have colleagues who have had premature babies and also someone in the family so we wanted to help."
James was supported by donations from his employer and colleagues who work at Solo Cup Europe in Huntingdon which makes disposable tablewear.
The New Life Appeal was launched by The Hunts Post to raise funds for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is an ongoing appeal.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Could you give these pets a home?
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
INFORMATION: To support James Simon and Craig's fundraising for The New Life Appeal go to www.justgiving.co.uk/jamesleivers.