Three Huntingdonshire friends climb Ben Nevis for Hunts Post New Life Appeal
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit. James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and
THREE friends climbed Ben Nevis and have raised nearly �1,000 for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, including the Special Care Baby Unit.
James Leivers Simon Brignell, both 26 from Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon and who both work in IT and salesman Craig Burkitt, 26 from Girton made the ascent as part of a spring holiday in Scotland.
The three, who met at Cambridge Regional College too three hours to climb the 4,406 feet and two hours to get down.
James, spokesman for the group said: "This was the first time we had gone on a tour of Scotland, we wanted a challenge and we had decided that this was the year we were going to raise money for charity so it all came together really. I have colleagues who have had premature babies and also someone in the family so we wanted to help."
You may also want to watch:
James was supported by donations from his employer and colleagues who work at Solo Cup Europe in Huntingdon which makes disposable tablewear.
The New Life Appeal was launched by The Hunts Post to raise funds for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. It is an ongoing appeal.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
INFORMATION: To support James Simon and Craig's fundraising for The New Life Appeal go to www.justgiving.co.uk/jamesleivers.