This is not justice
THIS isn t Justice (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system. On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 – the next best thing to a motorway – which was reported as a moment
'THIS isn't Justice' (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system.
On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 - the next best thing to a motorway - which was reported as a 'moment's lapse of concentration'.
The same week it was reported that a middle-aged man also had a 'lapse of concentration' and hit a car with such force that he flipped it over on the roof, injuring the occupants. Fortunately a death did not result.
The former lapse of concentration resuled in a prison sentence. The latter lapse of concentration resulted in the man leaving the court with a �300 fine and three points on his licence - justice or bad luck?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week