This is not justice
THIS isn t Justice (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system. On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 – the next best thing to a motorway – which was reported as a moment
'THIS isn't Justice' (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system.
On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 - the next best thing to a motorway - which was reported as a 'moment's lapse of concentration'.
The same week it was reported that a middle-aged man also had a 'lapse of concentration' and hit a car with such force that he flipped it over on the roof, injuring the occupants. Fortunately a death did not result.
The former lapse of concentration resuled in a prison sentence. The latter lapse of concentration resulted in the man leaving the court with a �300 fine and three points on his licence - justice or bad luck?
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day