This is not justice
THIS isn t Justice (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system. On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 – the next best thing to a motorway – which was reported as a moment
'THIS isn't Justice' (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system.
On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 - the next best thing to a motorway - which was reported as a 'moment's lapse of concentration'.
The same week it was reported that a middle-aged man also had a 'lapse of concentration' and hit a car with such force that he flipped it over on the roof, injuring the occupants. Fortunately a death did not result.
The former lapse of concentration resuled in a prison sentence. The latter lapse of concentration resulted in the man leaving the court with a �300 fine and three points on his licence - justice or bad luck?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls