This is not justice
THIS isn t Justice (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system. On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 – the next best thing to a motorway – which was reported as a moment
'THIS isn't Justice' (Letters, February 10) highlighted the unfairness in the British justice system.
On one hand a 19-year-old car driver tragically killed a speeding cyclist on the A1 - the next best thing to a motorway - which was reported as a 'moment's lapse of concentration'.
The same week it was reported that a middle-aged man also had a 'lapse of concentration' and hit a car with such force that he flipped it over on the roof, injuring the occupants. Fortunately a death did not result.
The former lapse of concentration resuled in a prison sentence. The latter lapse of concentration resulted in the man leaving the court with a �300 fine and three points on his licence - justice or bad luck?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?