Thirteen caught drink-driving at the weekend
TRAFFIC officers are urging people to think twice before getting behind the wheel after 13 motorists were caught driving under the influence of alcohol at the weekend. A total of three drivers were caught in central division, which covers Huntingdonshire
TRAFFIC officers are urging people to think twice before getting behind the wheel after 13 motorists were caught driving under the influence of alcohol at the weekend.
A total of three drivers were caught in central division, which covers Huntingdonshire and Fenland, six in northern and four in southern.
Of the 13 drink-drivers, two were caught using information supplied to the police by the public.
Chief Inspector Mike Winters said: "Although there are no campaigns in relation to drink-driving at the moment, we continue to target those driving under the influence.
You may also want to watch:
"The fact that over the weekend we caught 13 motorists driving under the influence of drink or drugs is completely unacceptable."
He added: "I would urge anyone who suspects a motorist is driving under the influence to get in touch with us.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
"We will use this information to ensure those responsible for drink-driving are caught and dealt with appropriately."
The police Christmas drink drive campaign will start on December 1.