Think again on Ramsey lights
IT seems that nobody now supports the proposed traffic lights at the High Street junction in Ramsey except the highways department of the county council. A rumoured �150,000 has been provided for this work by Tesco Stores under the Section 106 planning ga
IT seems that nobody now supports the proposed traffic lights at the High Street junction in Ramsey except the highways department of the county council.
A rumoured �150,000 has been provided for this work by Tesco Stores under the Section 106 planning gain regulations but it is apparent that Tesco is quite relaxed about exactly how this money is spent.
Meanwhile, the Ramsey Community Centre cannot now be fully completed after it was robbed of �275,000 funding for the Phase Two building work by the Greater Cambridge Partnership, working under contract to the county council.
Can I simply propose that the council forgets about the traffic lights and uses the funding to help finance phase two of the community centre, a very worthwhile project that most councillors in the area support, as does the local MP, Shailesh Vara. The result would be happy traders and a happy community in Ramsey, a happy Tesco (potentially bad news turned into good news) and happy councillors being seen to do a good job.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, everyone would be a winner except for a few officers at Shire Hall with too much time and money on their hands. It is now up to councillors to show us what they can do for the people of Ramsey.
- 1 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 2 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 3 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 New superintendent for Hunts is familiar face from TV crime documentary
- 7 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 8 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
Ramsey Community Centre Trust