Think again on Ramsey lights
IT seems that nobody now supports the proposed traffic lights at the High Street junction in Ramsey except the highways department of the county council. A rumoured �150,000 has been provided for this work by Tesco Stores under the Section 106 planning ga
IT seems that nobody now supports the proposed traffic lights at the High Street junction in Ramsey except the highways department of the county council.
A rumoured �150,000 has been provided for this work by Tesco Stores under the Section 106 planning gain regulations but it is apparent that Tesco is quite relaxed about exactly how this money is spent.
Meanwhile, the Ramsey Community Centre cannot now be fully completed after it was robbed of �275,000 funding for the Phase Two building work by the Greater Cambridge Partnership, working under contract to the county council.
Can I simply propose that the council forgets about the traffic lights and uses the funding to help finance phase two of the community centre, a very worthwhile project that most councillors in the area support, as does the local MP, Shailesh Vara. The result would be happy traders and a happy community in Ramsey, a happy Tesco (potentially bad news turned into good news) and happy councillors being seen to do a good job.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, everyone would be a winner except for a few officers at Shire Hall with too much time and money on their hands. It is now up to councillors to show us what they can do for the people of Ramsey.
- 1 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 2 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 9 Your photos capture stunning sunsets and frosty mornings
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
Ramsey Community Centre Trust