Thieves target Hunts cancer treatment centre
BOTTLES of drink that were to be part of a raffle in aid of a Huntingdon cancer treatment centre have been stolen in a burglary.The break-in happened at The Woodlands Centre - a day centre used for chemotherapy and cancer-related treatments at Hinchingbr
BOTTLES of drink that were to be part of a raffle in aid of a Huntingdon cancer treatment centre have been stolen in a burglary.
The break-in happened at The Woodlands Centre - a day centre used for chemotherapy and cancer-related treatments at Hinchingbrooke Hospital - between 5pm on Friday (August 14) and 6am on Monday August 17).
The intruders stole bottles of Bacardi and champagne, after forcing open a locked draw, and a bottle of wine and a make-up set, which were on a table in a foyer area.
They were intended as prizes in a raffle and had been donated by people who are receiving treatment at the centre.
PC Andy Hilbert, who is investigating, said: "This is a shameful crime in which a burglar or burglars have broken into a care centre and stolen what they could find.
"I am appealing for anyone with information about this burglary to come forward, particularly if they saw someone acting suspiciously on the hospital site over the weekend."
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact PC Hilbert, at Huntingdon Police Station, on 0345 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.